Colombia Wins Gold & Silver, Guatemala Bronze in Individual Dressage at Bolivarian Games
8 years ago StraightArrow Comments Off on Colombia Wins Gold & Silver, Guatemala Bronze in Individual Dressage at Bolivarian Games
TRUJILLO, Peru, Nov. 25, 2013–Colombia’s Diana Rey and the 20-year-old Celina won the dressage individual gold medal Monday to add to her team gold at the Bolivarian Games, fellow Colombian Radme Mahamud on Highlander the silver and Margarita Cebeira of Guetamala on Quanderus bronze.
Diana, who turned 56 years old earlier in November, was the highest placed individual in the team competition Saturday to lead Colombia to the Nations Cup gold medal over Peru winning silver and Ecuador bronze.
She and Celina scored 68.542 per cent–scores from the team and indvidual competitions were combined–for individual the idividual gold.
Radme and Highlander posted 66.396 per cent for silver and Margarita and Quanderus on 66.067 per cent for bronze. The individual competition was at FEI Junior Preliminary level while the Nations Cup was at FEI Junior Team level.
Both Celina and Highlander were bred in Colombia.
Diana, on Twister VDL, was a member of the Colombian gold medal team at the Central American Games in 2010.
Maribel Alonso de Quinzaños of Mexico was president of the ground jury with Marian Cunningham of Peru, Lilo Fore of the United States, Cara Whitham of Canada and Gabriel Armando of Argentina as members.
Celebrations of success were somewhat muted–Champagne along wth all other alcoholic drinks were prohibited from last Friday through Monday because of elections.
Equestrian sports have been on the Bolivarian Games schedule for 14 of the 17 competitions that were created to honor Simón Bolívar, who successfully led efforts to wrest control of much of South America from Spain in the early 19th century.
About $140 million was spent by organizers–mostly governments–to stage the 17th edition of the Bolivarians.
The Games were first staged in 1938 and are held once every four years. The National Olympic Committees of Colombia, Venezuela, Ecuador, Chile, Peru, Guatemala, Dominican Republic, Paraguay, Bolivia, El Salvador and Panama participate in the Games that this year have grown to 50 sports
Final Individual Dressage:
1. DIANA ELIZABETH REY – COL – CELINA – 68.542%
2. RADME MAHAMUD – COL – HIGHLANDER – 66.396%
3. MARGARITA CEBEIRA – GUA – QUANDErUS – 66.067%3.
4. ALEXANDRA DOMINGUEZ – GUA – NOVIEMBRE – 65.353%
5. MARIA GRANJA DE GUZMAN ECU – EJOMSILEIANO AP – 65.190%
6. JUAN CARLOS HERNAIZ – PER – AFRICA MIA – 64.769%
7. MONIKA VON WEDEMEYER – PER – SENZA DUBIO – 63.778%
8. IRINA MARGARITA MOLEIRO – VEN – RYOLITH – 62.407%
9. CAROLINA ESPINOSA – ECU- DOLAR – 62.316%
10. MARTINA MARIA FALCONI – ECU – BILLY MF – 61.324%
11. CATERINA IRENE PEREIRA – BOL – WADY ROYAN – 60.753%
12. GUIDO JOSE PAEZ – ECU – TORIBA INTERAGRO – 60.381%
13. MARIA GRACIA DE LA PIEDRA – PER – LUCKY 007 – 57.561%
14. MARGOTH BATIEVSKY – PER – FOX SEA – 57.254%
ELIM. JUAN SANCHEZ DE BRIGARD – COL – FIRST FISHERMAN