Eight USA Developing Dressage Training Grants Awarded
8 years ago StraightArrow Comments Off on Eight USA Developing Dressage Training Grants Awarded
LEXINGTON, Kentucky, Oct. 1–Eight training grants have been awarded to United States Developing Dressage program horse and rider combinations.
The grants, made possible by a gift from Akiko Yamazaki and her Red Husky Foundation through the U.S. Equestrian Team Foundation, have been awarded to:
* Nora Batchelder of Williston, Florida on her own Bahai, a nine-year-old Hanoverian mare;
* Shelly Francis of Loxahatchee, Florida on Patricia Stempel’s Danilo, a nine-year-old Hanoverian gelding;
* Brian Hafner of Penngrove, California on his and Dr. Rebecca Hafner’s Lombardo LHF, a 14-year-old Hanoverian gelding;
* Kimberly Herslow of Stockton, New Jersey on Kiroli Enterprises LLC’s Rosmarin, an eight-year-old Hanoverian gelding;
* Jami Kment of Palmyra, Nebraska on her Zania, a nine-year-old Dutch Warmblood mare;
* Sarah Lockman of Rancho Cucamonga, California on Pamela Munson’s Vinterpol, an 11-year-old North American Dutch Warmblood stallion;
* Silva Martin of Unionville, Pennsylvania on Rosa Cha W Syndicate’s Rosa Cha W, a nine-year-old Australian-bred Warmblood mare, and
* Jessica Jo Tate of Wellington, Florida on Elizabeth Guarisco’s Faberge, a 10-year-old Westfalen gelding.
USEF Developing Coach Debbie McDonald and Developing Coach Advisors, Lendon Gray, Scott Hassler, Jeremy Steinberg, and Anne Gribbons selected recipients of the awards.
The Developing Dressage Program recognized combinations demonstrating “great potential for the future of dressage in the United States.” They are: Elizabeth Ball of Cardiff, California and Avanti; Allison Dechant Nimmo of Littleton, Colorado and Rufus; Susan Dutta of Wellington, Florida) and Lumberjack 12; Christopher Hickey of Colora, Maryland and Witness Hilltop; Katie Robicheaux of Wellington and Avignon T; Caroline Roffman of Wellington and Her Highness O; Sabine Schut-Kery of Thousand Oaks, California and Marques, and David Wilson of Anaheim Hills, California and W Royal Winner.