Lauren Chumley & Somer Hit in USA’s Final Young Horse Qualifier Get Scores for Verden

9 years ago admin Comments Off on Lauren Chumley & Somer Hit in USA’s Final Young Horse Qualifier Get Scores for Verden
Somer Hit in four-year-old championships in 2010. © Ken Braddick/dressage-news.com

LEESBURG, Virginia, June 5–Lauren Chumley and Somer Hit qualified to represent the U.S. in the five-year-old division at the World Young Horse Breeding Championships in Verden, Germany, in August.

In the final of three competitions across the United States, Lauren and the black Hanoverian stallion by Sandro Hit x Rhussia x Rotspon, scored 8.34 in the preliminary test that counted for 40 per cent of the qualifying scores and 8.4 in the final test that made up the other 60 per cent for a score of 8.376. A score of 8.2 was required to qualify. The pair were the only one of five entries in each of the five and six-year-old divisions to qualify for Verden.

Somer Hit is owned by Alice Tarjan and was bred by Mo Swanson of Rolling Stone Farm in Slatington, Pennsylvania.

The horse led the U.S. standings in the four-year-old division, and finished fourth in the final competition.

Qualifying competitions were held at Lamplight Equestrian Center in Wayne, Illinois, for the Midwest, at La Cañada Flintridge in California and the final one in Leesburg, Virginia. Jane Ayers, Linda Zang and Natalie Lamping judged at Leesburg, as they did in Wayne while Linda and Natalie also judged in California.

5-6 YO finals scores