Danish Warmblood Stallion Show Scheduled for Mar. 11-14
11 years ago admin Comments Off on Danish Warmblood Stallion Show Scheduled for Mar. 11-14
HERNING, Denmark, Jan. 7–The Danish Warmblood National Stallion Shows, one of the largest equestrian events in northern Europe, has been scheduled for Mar. 11-14
Despite the worldwide economic conditions, organizers expect a large turnout for what has become an event not to be missed that in recent years has attracted well over 50,000 visitors.
* Stallion licensing–About 100 stallions will take part in the licensing. he collection of young stallions. The main focus will be on licensing of the three-year-old stallions. The collection of about 70 individuals consists of 50 stallions chosen at the Danish pre-selections in November and January, and some imported stallions already approved in their home-studbooks. The most pre-dominant sire of the colt collection is the jumping progenitor Heartbeat (KWPN by Heartbreaker) with seven sons qualified for Herning. The dressage sires Blue Hors Don Schufro (Oldenburg by Donnerhall) and his Danish bred son Blue Hors Don Romantic each have four sons forward to the licensing and together with their Blue Hors stable mates Hotline, Leredo, Romanov and Rush Hour are responsible for a large part of the dressage colts.
Last year the three-year-old dressage stallions were exempted from free jumping and instead lunged before the judges in the warm-up arena. This year the lunging will take place in front of the audience in the show arena where both dressage and jumping stallions are shown on the lunge line as part of the judging. Subsequently, the dressage stallions will be shown loose and the jumping stallions in free jumping.
* Young Horse Championship–National final for the best Danish five-year-old dressage and jumping horses. To make it to the championships, 419 horses south to qualify last autumn. Of those, 30 dressage horses and 30 jumpers made it to the final. The best dressage prospect scored 925 points out of 1000 and the two best jumping prospects scored 940 points.
* Spring Auction–Three-year-old colts, licensed and non-licensed, and qualified young riding horses on Saturday. Among the horses offered for sale are the two best jumpers qualified for the Young Horse Championships both with 940 points. Videos of all auction horses will be available on www.varmblod.dk by Feb. 17. The auction will be live streamed on the Internet.
* 2 x Andreas Special Performance Clinic–The two top Danish riders, Andres Helgstrand in dressage, and Andreas Schou in jumping, will provide a clinic on Thursday night. Last year’s event was a real crowd pleaser.
* Gala Show on Friday and Saturday nights–Although the stallion licensing is the main attraction for the
dedicated horse folks, the magical connection between artists and their creatures is a big draw. A 100 square-meter (328 sq. ft.) giant screen will help creating the right atmosphere for the theme of the 2010 presentation named ”The Time Machine.” Several surprises and celebrity guests are expected.
* The largest Horse and Rider Trade Show and Tack Fair in Scandinavia with 250 exhibitors’ booths covering 20,000 square meters and featuring a fashion show and competitions and games for children.