Brazil Pan American Games Qualifiers Reach Midway With Olympic and Championship Riders Leading
2 years ago StraightArrow Comments Off on Brazil Pan American Games Qualifiers Reach Midway With Olympic and Championship Riders Leading
SÃO PAULO, Brazil, April 30, 2019–Some of Brazil’s top Olympic and championship riders are leading midway through a series of four qualifying competitions for a team of mixed Small and Big Tour combinations for the Pan American Games in Lima, Peru at the end of July aiming to win a fifth medal in the championships and earn a berth at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
For Small Tour, which will make up three of the four team combinations, 2011 Pan Am rider Mauro Pereira da Silva rode Don Enrico AMM to a score of 71.225% for second place in the Prix St. Georges and 71.471% to win the Intermediate 1 at a CDI2*, the second qualifier. In the first qualifier, Mauro and the 14-year-old Brazil-bred Don Enrico placed second in both the St. Georges and Int. 1.
João Paulo dos Santos and Carthago Comando SN, who rode on the Pan Am bronze medal team at Toronto in 2015 and pre-qualified with a sweep of a special qualifier in Argentina last November, won the St. Georges on a score of 71.667% and was fourth in Int. 1 on 68.627%. The pair did not compete in the first qualifier.
João Victor Oliva, who rode for Brazil at the 2016 Olympics and the 2014 and 2018 World Equestrian Games as well as extensively in Europe, rode Biso das Lezírias to 70.735% for third place in the St. Georges and 70,343% for second in the Int, 1. The 13-year-old Lusitano stallion was previously ridden by Maria Caetano of Portugal.
At Grand Prix, Pedro Manuel Tavares de Almeida, who also rode at the 2016 Olympics and the 2014 and 2018 WEG, scored 68.0807% on Aoleo for the second result that achieved the only pair so far to attain the minimum of 68% set by the Brazil federation.
Brazil, Canada and Mexico are known to be seeking a Tokyo Olympic berth. The United States qualified for 2020 with team silver at the Tryon World Games last fall.
CDI2* Prix St Georges
1. João Paulo dos Santos/Carthago Comando SN – 71,667%
2. Mauro Pereira da Silva/Don Enrico AMM – 71,225%
3. João Victor Oliva/Biso das Lezírias – 70,735%
4. Paulo Cesar dos Santos/Fidel da Sasa JE – 69,853%
5. Paulo Cesear dos Santos/Espartano LS – 68,627%
6. Luiza Tavares de Almeida/Baluarte do Vouga – 67,843%
CDI2* Intermediate I
1. Mauro Pereira Junior/Don Enrico AMM – 71,471%
2. João Victor Oliva/Biso das Lezírias – 70,343%
3. Paulo Cesar dos Santos/Fidel da Sasa JE – 69,363%
4. João Paulo dos Santos/Carthago Comando SN – 68,627%
5. Thereza Novaes de Almeida/Xaparro do Vouga – 66,176%
6. Paulo Cesar dos Santos/Espartano LS – 65,980%%
CDI2* Grand Prix
1. Pedro Manuel Tavares de Almeida/Aoleo – 68,080%
2. Leandro Aparecido da Silva/Dicaprio – 65,833%
3. Giovana Pass/Dorus Interagro – 65,435%
4. Giovana Pass/Zingaro de Lyw – 65,326%