Patrik Kittel & Delaunay Capture Kaposvár World Cup Freestyle With Another Personal Best
6 years ago StraightArrow Comments Off on Patrik Kittel & Delaunay Capture Kaposvár World Cup Freestyle With Another Personal Best
KAPOSVÁR, Hungary, Oct. 18, 2015–Patrik Kittel rode the nine-year-old Delaunay to victory in the World Cup Grand Prix Freestyle Sunday to give the Swedish Olympian a big start to his campaign to make the Final in his homeland next March.
Patrik and the nine-year-old Oldenburg gelding posted a personal best score of 78.480 per cent in the last event in the Central European League 2015/16 World Cup circuit. The rider picked up the maximum of 20 points that he can take back to the Western European League that launched this same weekend.
Germany’s Jessica von Bredow-Werndl, the bronze medal winner at the World Cup Final in Las Vegas last April, placed second on Zaire with a score of 77.550 per cent, also a personal best result on the 11-year-old KWPN mare.
Lyndal Oatley of Australia, Patrik’s wife, placed third on Sandro Boy on a score of 74.000 per cent. Lyndal is also campaigning the 13-year-old Oldenburg gelding that was her mount at the 2012 Olympics and the 2014 World Games for the World Cup Final in Gothenburg, Sweden.
Both Delaunay and Sandro Boy are owned by Carol and Andrew Oatley, Lyndal’s parents.
Under World Cup rules, Patrik gets to take his 20 points to the Western European League as does the Jessica with her 17 points and Lyndal with 15 points.
Delaunay, Patrik told dressage-news.com, was “really trying” despite being just nine years old.
He said he wants to qualify all of his Grand Prix horses–Watermill Scandic, Deja and Dude as well as Delaunay–for the Final by competing each horse in two events. The Western European League of nine events kicked off this weekend in Odense, Denmark.
The results at this finale 2015/16 Central European League event do not alter the standings that are led by the Russians Inessa Merkulova on Mister X and Tatiana Dorofeeva on Kartsevo Upperville. The CEL is allocated two starting places in the World Cup Final.
CDI-W Grand Prix Freestyle
1. Patrik Kittel SWE Delaunay 78.480%
2. Jessica von Bredow-Werndl GER Zaire 77.550%
3. Lyndal Oatley AUS Sandro Boy 74.000%
4. Mads Hendeliowitz SWE Jimmie Choo SEQ 73.580%
5. Charlotte Haid Bondegaard SWE Triviant 71.220%
6. Valentina Truppa ITA Fixdesign Ranier1 71.080%
7. Nikolett Szalai HUN Willy the Hit 69.580%
8. Federica Scolari ITA Beldonwelt 65.800%
9. Gábor Németh HUN Le Baldi 64.150%
CDI3* Grand Prix Special
1. Renate Voglsand AUT Fratello 69.314%
2. Belinda Weinbauer AUT Don Walesko 67.784%
3. Caroline Kottas-Heldenberg AUT Shylock 6 67.569%
4. Charlotte Haid Bondergaard SWE Roberto des Frettes 67.078%
5. Timna Zach AUT Quantico 66.588%
6. Micol Rustignoli ITA Fixdesign Corallo Nero 65.392%
7. Ellesse TZINBERG PHI Pavarotti 64.980%
8. Ulrike Prunthaller AUT Bartlgut’s Duccio 62.255%
9. Juliane Vogt AUT Flipper NRW 62.098%