Sheridyn Ashwood & Prestige VDL Win Brisbane World Cup Freestyle
6 years ago admin Comments Off on Sheridyn Ashwood & Prestige VDL Win Brisbane World Cup Freestyle
BRISBANE, Australia, July 27–Sheridyn Ashwood and Pestige VDL on Saturday night won the World Cup Grand Prix Freestyle, the second of four events leading up to the Pacific League Final that will determine the Australian combination for the sport’s only annual global championship.
Sheridyn and the 16-year-old KWPN stallion (Silvano N x Goodtimes) scored 68.600 per cent with Sue Hearn on Remmington second at 66.950 per cent and Anjanette Harten and UQG Alladin third on 66.525 per cent.
In the Grand Prix on Friday, Sheridyn and Prestige won with a score of 66.000 per cent with Sue Hearn on Remmington second at 62.723 per cent and Tor van den Berge and Fisherman’s Friend third on 62.511 per cent.
The victorious pair had come into this competition after sweeping all three Grand Prix classes at the Sydney CDI3* three months ago.
The World Cup victory by the 34-year-old rider and Prestige qualified the pair for the League Final that is scheduled for Melbourne in early December to determine which combination will receive an invitation to the World Cup Final in Lyon, France next April.
David Shoobridge on 00 Seven won the first World Cup event, in Melbourne in March, while a second qualifier scheduled for Melbourne last month was canceled.
The two World Cup shows remaining on the calendar are scheduled for Sydney in October and November.
Grand Prix Freestyle
Rider/Horse – Score
1. Sheridyn Ashwood/Prestige VDL – 68.600%
2. Sue Hearn/Remmington – 66.950%
3. Anjanette Harten/UQG Alladin – 66.525%
4. Tor van den Berge/Fisherman’s Friend – 65.975%
5. Emma Flavelle/Andiamo – 63.125%
6. Cathy Chittenden/Solletico – 61.550%
7. Leesa Murray/AHP True Seville – 60.575%
1. Sheridyn Ashwood/Prestige VDL – 66.000%
2. Sue Hearn/Remmington – 62.723%
3. Tor van den Berge/Fisherman’s Friend – 62.511%
4. Anjanette Harten/UQG Alladin – 61.426%
5. Leesa Murray/AHP True Seville – 61.404%
6. Cathy Chittenden/Solletico – 60.085%
7. Emma Flavelle/Andiamo – 58.277%
8. Jeremy Janjic/Django of Cacherel – 57.745%
9. Sally Evans/A’Seduction – 56.383%