New International Equestrian Federation Awards Announced
12 years ago StraightArrow Comments Off on New International Equestrian Federation Awards Announced
LAUSANNE, Switzerland, Aug. 19–The first ever FEI Awards “to celebrate the equestrian community and pay tribute to the heroes of the sport” were announced Tuesday by the International Equestrian Federation.
“The awards have been created to put the spotlight on all those who have contributed to the progress and excellence of equestrian sport,” said FEI President Princess Haya. “These awards will not only recognise the achievements and success of individuals and highlight the stars of today and tomorrow but they will also bring together all those involved in the sport around the world.”
The FEI hopes that these awards and the surrounding ceremony will come to be seen as the ‘Oscars’ of the equestrian world.
This year FEI Awards in five categories will be presented:
– Athlete of the Year – to a rider, driver or vaulter who has shown exceptional sportsmanship and prowess;
– Rising Star supported by HSBC – to a rider between the ages of 14 to 21 who has not only demonstrated significant talent but also love of the sport, commitment and practice;
– Development supported by Alltech – for a development project, individual or organisation that has shown exceptional skill, dedication and energy in expanding the sport.
– Against All Odds – to celebrate a disabled rider of any age who has demonstrated that disability is no hindrance to sporting proficiency.
– Groom of the Year – to the often uncelebrated yet important person who works behind the scenes.
Nominations are open to all the members of the equestrian community and will be done online through the dedicated website www.feiawards.org. Click now and nominate all those whose talent should be acknowledged and celebrated.
The winners will be selected by an international judging panel chaired by the FEI President.
Prize giving ceremony
The 2009 FEI Awards will be presented to the winning candidates on Nov. 19 at the gala dinner at the annual FEI General Assembly in Copenhagen.