Qualifying Options USA Championships Grand Prix, Int. 1, U25 Brentina Cup Modified Due to Show Cancellations
2 months ago StraightArrow Comments Off on Qualifying Options USA Championships Grand Prix, Int. 1, U25 Brentina Cup Modified Due to Show Cancellations
LEXINGTON, Kentucky, Jan. 21, 2021–Qualifying requirements for the 2021 U.S. National Championships Grand Prix, Intermediate I and Under-25 Brentina Cup have been modified due to cancellation of several international events, the U.S. Equestrian Federation announced Thursday.
One of the biggest changes for the Festival of Champions in Wayne, Illinois Aug. 24-29 is to include qualifying scores for Grand Prix and Int. 1 at designated national competitions with three judges and not restricted to CDIs at 3* level and above.
The process for how CDI scores are counted toward the ranking list has also been amended to allow CDI scores to count optionally for a certain time.
* Brentina Cup, Grand Prix and Int. I–change to the process for reporting CDI scores;
* Grand Prix and Int. I–may earn qualifying scores at a national competition designated as a USEF qualifying competition with a panel of at least three FEI or USEF ‘S’ judges. At least judge must differ per panel for the scores to count;
* Grand Prix–may earn qualifying scores at a CDI 2*/3*/4*/5*, CDIO, CDI-Am or CDI-W;
* Grand Prix and Int. I–-the number of required minimum scores (page 5), and
* Grand Prix and Int. I–athlete/horse combinations may earn freestyle score in a Test of Choice held at a USEF qualifying national competition;
* Grand Prix and Int. I–change in the calculation of scores for the ranking lists.