USA Pan American Games Qualifying Competitions Completed for Short List of Contenders for Lima, Peru
3 months ago admin Comments Off on USA Pan American Games Qualifying Competitions Completed for Short List of Contenders for Lima, Peru
April 29, 2019
By KENNETH J. BRADDICK
The United States wrapped up qualifying competitions for a Pan American Games team short list with the results of California’s Del Mar National as the last event before the deadline making no major changes in the standings of Small and Big Tour combinations.
The U.S. Equestrian Federation has not made a final decision on the makeup of the four-member team but will do so from a short list of up to eight combinations ahead of the Pan Ams held only once every four and scheduled for Lima, Peru at the end of July. However, indications are that one Grand Prix and three Prix St. Georges/Intermediate 1 pairs will be selected.
Already qualified for the Olympics in Tokyo in 2020 and leading Grand Prix combinations focused on European competitions this summer, the U.S. does not need to contend in Lima for one of the two Olympic Games team slots available but will have eyes on a sixth straight gold medal.
All top five Small Tour partnerships have indicated availability, none of whom have previously been on an American championship team. Of the Big Tour pairs, Adrienne Lyle, an Olympic and double World Equestrian Games rider, who is the clear rankings leader prefers to use a $25,000 training grant to take Harmony’s Duval to Europe with her team mount, Salvino.
The rider and horse partnerships based on top results of Prix St. Georges and Intermediate 1 for Small Tour and Grand Prix and Grand Prix Special for Big Tour with freestyles completed as required but results not counting, are:
1. Sarah Lockman, 30 years old of Murrieta, California, and First Apple, nine-year-old KWPN stallion (Vivaldi x T.C.N. Partout) owned by Gerry Ibanez– 74.956 average
2. Ashley Holzer, 55, of Wellington, Florida and Valentine, nine-year-old Hanoverian mare (Sir Donnerhall x Ragazzo) owned by Ashley — 73.564
3. Jennifer Baumert, 48, of Wellington and Handsome, 14-year-old Hanoverian gelding (Hochadel x Weltmeyer) owned by Betsy Juliano LLC — 72.896
4. Endel Ots, 33, of Wellington and Lucky Strike, nine-year-old Hanoverian gelding (Lord Laurie x His Highness) owned by Max Endel Ots — 72.448
5. Nora Batchelder, 34, of Williston, Florida and Faro SQF, U.S.-bred 11-year-old Hanoverian gelding (Fidertanz 2 x Rotspot) owned by Andrea Whitcomb and Nora — 72.056
1. Adrienne Lyle, 34, of Wellington, Florida and Harmony’s Duval, U.S.-bred 11-year-old KWPN gelding (Rousseau x Riverman) owned by Duval Partners LLC — 73.125
2. Charlotte Jorst, 54, of Reno, Nevada, and Kastel’s Nintendo, 16-year-old KWPN stallion (Negro x Monaco) owned by Kastel Denmark — 71.936
3. Nick Wagman, 45, of Rancho Santa Fe, California and Don John, 11-year-old KWPN gelding (Johnson x Goodtimes) owned by Beverly Jean Gepfer — 69.984
4. Charlotte Jorst and Deep Impact, 16-year-old Hanoverian gelding (De Niro x Rubinstein) owned by Charlotte — 69.458