Olympic Dressage Grand Prix Day 2 Photo Gallery

3 years ago admin Comments Off on Olympic Dressage Grand Prix Day 2 Photo Gallery
Focus! Charlotte Dujardin and Valegro are both focused in the Olympic team dressage Grand Prix. © 2016 Ken Braddick/dressage-news.com
Focus! Charlotte Dujardin and Valegro are both focused in the Olympic team dressage Grand Prix. © 2016 Ken Braddick/dressage-news.com
Kristina Bröring-Sprehe on Desperados FRH was just as focused in producing the second highest result in the Olympic Grand Prix team test. one of three German combinations to score above 80 per cent. © 2016 Ken Braddick/dressage=-news.com
Kristina Bröring-Sprehe on Desperados FRH was just as focused in producing the second highest result in the Olympic Grand Prix team test. one of three German combinations to score above 80 per cent. © 2016 Ken Braddick/dressage=-news.com
Laura Graves on Verdades rising to the occasion to produce a personal best Grand Prix result in the Olympic team dressage competition. © 2016 Ken Braddick/dressage-news.com
Laura Graves on Verdades rising to the occasion to produce a personal best Grand Prix result in the Olympic team dressage competition. © 2016 Ken Braddick/dressage-news.com
Laura and the 14-year-old KWPN gelding were the highest-placed American combination, good for fifth place individually. “My horse was really super,” said Laura of  Geneva. Florida. “I’m very happy with the feeling he gave me today and the way the training is reflecting in the arena. I’m really happy with the pirouettes and the passage-piaffe, which is a talent for this horse, but not so much in the arena when he’s not sure where to be with his big legs. I feel that’s really improved in the last two months.”
Steffen Peters performing what he said was the best ride ever on Legolas and was sixth individually in the Olympic dressage Grand Prix with the Special to go to determine team medals.© 2016 Ken Braddick/dressage-news.com
Steffen Peters performing what he said was the best ride ever on Legolas and was sixth individually in the Olympic dressage Grand Prix with the Special to go to determine team medals.© 2016 Ken Braddick/dressage-news.com
 “Legolas delivered everything that I dreamed of,” Steffen said later. “I’m just so excited that he did one of the best tests of his life–probably one of the best tests of my life–and it’s always been my dream to deliver for my team. It’s the Olympic Games and we are 90 per cent about the team medal and the other 10%–or maybe even less–about the individual medal. It’s been a difficult road with him. Sometimes I don’t know exactly which horse is going into the show arena, but he did not change one single bit from the warm-up arena to the show arena today and there was not one single point that we gave away.”
“Legolas’s half-passes in the trot felt amazing and the trot extensions got better, which has always been a weak point,” he said. “His piaffe-passage were very high today, I was able to keep the 15 steps of piaffe in place. This was the test that I dreamed of for my team. It was just one of those awesome days!”
Hans Peter Minderhoud on the big gaited Johnson was the top placing combinations for the Netherlands that placed them fourth after Grand Prix in the Olympic dressage team event. © 2016 Ken Braddick/dressage-news.com
Hans Peter Minderhoud on the big gaited Johnson was the top placing combinations for the Netherlands that placed them fourth after Grand Prix in the Olympic dressage team event. © 2016 Ken Braddick/dressage-news.com
Severo Lopez on Lorenzo was the highest placing combination on Spain's team that was good enough to make the Grand Prix Special as an individual in Olympic dressage team competition. © 2016 Ken Braddick/dressage-news.com
Severo Lopez on Lorenzo was the highest placing combination on Spain’s team that was good enough to make the Grand Prix Special as an individual in Olympic dressage team competition. © 2016 Ken Braddick/dressage-news.com
Judy Reynolds on Vancuver K, only the fourth Irish rider to compete in Olympic dressage and the first to make it place high enough in the Grand Prix to maker it to the Special. © 2016 Ken Braddick/dressage-news.com
Judy Reynolds on Vancuver K, only the fourth Irish rider to compete in Olympic dressage and the first to make it place high enough in the Grand Prix to maker it to the Special. © 2016 Ken Braddick/dressage-news.com
Belinda Trussell was competing her Anton as one of two individuals from Canada in Olympic dressage. Belinda and her German Sport Horse made it through to the Grand Prix Special and a chance to make it to the Freestyle to decide individual medals. © 2016 Ken Braddick/dressage-news.com
Belinda Trussell was competing her Anton as one of two individuals from Canada in Olympic dressage. Belinda and her German Sport Horse made it through to the Grand Prix Special and a chance to make it to the Freestyle to decide individual medals. © 2016 Ken Braddick/dressage-news.com