David Marcus & Chrevi’s Capital Capture Pan Am Test Event CDI Grand Prix
7 years ago StraightArrow Comments Off on David Marcus & Chrevi’s Capital Capture Pan Am Test Event CDI Grand Prix
PALGRAVE, Ontario, June 6, 2014–David Marcus and his 2012 Olympic partner Chrevi’s Capital won the Grand Prix Friday at the Pan American Games test event and World Cup qualifier as Canada’s top combinations battle for a ticket to the World Equestrian Games in Normandy in August.
David and the 14-year-old Danish Warmblood gelding scored 69.98 per cent for a narrow victory over the 23-year-old Megan Lane and Caravella in second place on 69.90 per cent with Jill Irving and Degas 12 in third on 68.54 per cent.
Belinda Trussel, at the top of the Canadian WEG standings with Anton, had several mistakes and placed fourth on 66.94 per cent.
With Friday’s results, Megan on Caravella and David on Chrevi’s Capital fulfill the WEG quaification requirements and go to the top of the standings–Megan and Caravella with an average of their top four scores of 69.96 and David and Chrevi’s Capital with 69.629.
Both riders are coached by Oded Shimoni, the Israeli trainer based in Wellington, Florida.
This was the first dressage competition at the rebuilt Caledon Equestrian Center near Toronto that will be used for the 2015 Pan American Games, and it is the first World Cup dressage qualifier in Canada in three years.
This event is the last stage of qualifying for the Canadian WEG team with at least a half-dozen combinations in the running for a ticket to Normandy.
After this show, only two events remain before the deadline–one in Eastern Canada and one in Western Canada. Qualifying criteria requires that one of four scores must be attained from May 1 to June 29.
1. David Marcus – Chrevi’s Capital – 69.98%
2. Megan Lane – Caravella – 69.90%
3. Jill Irving – Degas 12 – 68.54%
4. Belinda Trussell – Anton – 66.94%
5. Diane Creech – Devon L – 66.40%
6. Jill Irving – Pop Art – 66.38%
7. Jacqueline Brooks – D Niro – 66.34%
8. P.J. Rizvi – Breaking Dawn – 65.72%
9. Tom Dvorak – Viva’s Salieri – 64.88%
10. Nancy Maclachlan Deniros Tyme – 63.52%
11. Brittany Fraser – Countess – 63.36%
12. Gary Vander Ploeg – Degas – 60.78%
13. Julie Watchorn – Diamond Tyme – 60.50%
14. Evi Strasser – Renaissance Tyme – 60.26%