CAROL LAVELL GIFTED SCHOLARSHIPS ANNOUNCED
9 years ago admin Comments Off on CAROL LAVELL GIFTED SCHOLARSHIPS ANNOUNCED
LINCOLN, Nebraska, Nov.18–Five recipients of the Carol Lavell Gifted Scholarships for Adult Amateurs were announced Thursday by The Dressage Foundation.
Each recipient will receive a $1,000 Scholarship in 2011 to enable them to concentrate on training with a horse they own, with a trainer of choice, away from the daily pressures of job and family.
“Adult Amateurs are such an important part of our sport,” said Jenny Johnson, the foundation’s administrative manager. “We are thrilled to be able to provide these scholarships to such a worthy group of dressage enthusiasts.”
The Gifted Fund was originally seeded with donations from Carol Lavell, which she received in special remembrance of her horse, Gifted. Friends of The Dressage Foundation and Carol have added donations, and the Scholarship Fund has grown steadily over the years. With a recent donation from Gordon Cadwgan, Carol’s father, The Dressage Foundation was able to increase the amount of each Scholarship from $900 to $1,000.
The recipients are:
– Robin Davis Hahn of North Carolina and her horse, Brav-o, plan to train with Jules Nyssen. Robin is a member of North Carolina Dressage & Combined Training Association.
– Nancy Spear of Illinois and her horses, Guinevere and Festus, plan to train with Ed Rothkranz. Nancy is a member of Little Egypt Dressage Association and CenterLine Dressage.
– Lydia Major of Minnesota and her horse, Mi Tough, plan to train with Alison Sader Larson. Lydia is a member of Central States Dressage & Eventing Association.
– Trudy Tatum of Iowa and her horses, Pulsar and Vahini, plan to train with Jami Kment. Trudy is a member of Iowa Dressage & Combined Training Association.
– Christy Sanantonio of Louisiana and her horse, Grenadier, plan to train with Heather Blitz. Christy is a member of Southern Eventing & Dressage Association.